Throwing a party this fall and want to be creative and healthy? For a quick fix, use your spiralizer to make garnishes for the drinks you’re serving!
In true Inspiralized fashion, I offer you a healthy and creative green juice to serve to your guests…. just pour into a champagne flute, wine glass or hipster mason jar and let everyone be impressed. The carrot against the bright green shouts “I’m healthy!” and offers an after-sip crunch… think of it like a healthy tortilla strip for this Mexican-inspired green juice.
You can put the adorable spirals on the side of your glass or place it IN the glass so that when your guest is done drinking, they can munch on a juice-soaked carrot! Go a step further and place the garnish veggie on a toothpick and place on the top of the glass or inside.
If you’re looking for something more cocktail-y, try these garnish ideas, using your spiralizer:
- Mint, Cucumber Martini with Cucumber Spiral Garnish
- Appletini with Apple Spiral Garnish
- Carrot Ginger Bourbon with Carrot Spiral Garnish
- Bloody Mary with Zucchini Spiral Garnish
But don’t worry, my green juice recipe can be alcohol-friendly. Yup, if you really want to be different, serve these alongside a shot of tequila… the jalapeno and cilantro will match perfectly to the flavors in the tequila… did I test this myself, alone? The world will never know…
- 1/2 large carrot, peeled, Blade B (this will yield enough garnish for about 6-8 drinks)
- 1/2 green apple, skin on, chopped
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of packed chopped spinach
- 2 cups of packed chopped kale
- 1/2 green apple, cut into cubes
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 tsp chopped jalapenos
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp lemon juice, squeezed fresh from a lemon
- 1/4 of a cucumber, seeded and chopped into chunks
- Add all of the ingredients into a juicer (except the carrots and the water) and juice.
- Pour into a glass and add in the water.
- Serve in a glass, garnished with the carrot spirals.